The Louisville Small Developer Training Workshop has been rescheduled for Tuesday, July 19.
This is a day long workshop on the basics to small scale real estate development. Collaborators are the Louisville Downtown Partnership, Center for Neighborhoods, University of Louisville and the Preservation Green Lab.
This 1 day workshop will provide technical skills and resources to navigate development financing, zoning and entitlement, site selection and building design in order assemble your own small scale real estate deal. The workshop will also address issues surrounding becoming a developer, including making a transition from your day job (or not), using conventional financing tools, introduction to zoning and risk management.
- Small Developer Business Models and the 7 Skill Sets
- Cultivating Neighborhoods: The Story of North Oak Cliff
- The Financing Stair Steps
- Straightforward Building Design and Site Planning
- Quick Market Analysis
- Introduction to Zoning
Lunch at the Venue (Provided with Registration)
- Site Selection and Parallel Pro forma
- Project Pro forma and Deal Structures
- Historic Preservation and State Tax Credits
- Asking for Money
- Due Diligence and Acquisition
- Open Q&A