Listed below are the ten solutions, per community input, suggested for concerned citizens to contribute time and resources:
1. Job Training Programs. Resume Writing/ Career Development Workshops.
2. Implement a personal development program for male youth that focuses on morals, positive behaviors, and progressive lifestyle choices.
3. Neighborhood Cleanup, Adopt a Block (Westend Street Patrol) Assess needs via surveys.
4. Workshops/Forums focused on Conflict Resolution – Hotline for parents to call.
5. Implement a Community Empowerment Initiative (Promotes community businesses, entrepreneurship, nonprofit development, local commerce, and establishes area culturally inclusive educational programs and schools).
6. Community Advocacy Board/Liaison to address property/rental issues (Slumlords, Neglected Properties, and Rental Assistance.)
7. Implement community programs that develops and promotes minority leadership within city government.
8. Community Cease fire between rival neighborhoods.
9. Motivational Speaker Series & Hip Hop “Stop The Violence” Campaign.
10. Open up metro corrections, JCYC, and community barbershops for mentoring and reentry programs.